WhatsApp is currently among the most used/rated instant messaging apps. I will guide on how you can download videos, photos and Gif on WhatsApp without making use of any third-party applications.
Actually, WhatsApp doesn’t have the option for downloading status. This is among the question a novice on WhatsApp do ask about that “How can I download videos, photos on WhatsApp status”.
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. In today, I will instruct you on how you can easily download WhatsApp status videos and photos with making use of any applications.
According to Wikipedia, WhatsApp is a freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP (VoIP) service owned by Facebook, Inc.
WhatsApp was formerly owned by Jan Koum and Brian Acton, but was later acquired by Facebook, inc. in February 2014 for about $19.3 billion.
WhatsApp became the most popular used instant messaging application in 2015 and has over 1.5 billion users global in 2018.
About WhatsApp Status?
Honestly, WhatsApp status can’t be saved on your phone and it’s set to disappear after 24 hours of posting it.
I remember those days when I was also in your shoes. When my friends post interesting post on their status, I have to go and message them privately to send the file to me directly.
But nowadays, no need to ask anyone to send his/her status file to you. You can download it without the person consent.
Before we proceeds, let’s get to understand what its takes before downloading WhatsApp status.
What You Must Do Before Saving WhatsApp Status
- Firstly, open the WhatsApp application and view that person’s status you want to download the file from.
- If it’s a video, you have to watch the video to the end before you can save it and also gif.
How To Save WhatsApp Status Videos, Photos And Gif Without Third-party Applications
After you’ve acquainted the above instructions, it’s time to proceed on how you can download WhatsApp status videos, photos and gif without third-party applications.
- Open your phone File Manager >> SD card and locate the WhatsApp Folder.
- Now, tap on Media Folder and turn on the Show Hidden Files on your file manager.
- After showing the hidden files, a new folder will appear on top like this .Statuses
- Tap on the .Statuses folder and you will see all status of your friends you have viewed. I told you before to view the status before following this procedure.
- If you haven’t view the status on WhatsApp before, then you won’t the file among the listed ones so you can go to WhatsApp to do so.
- Don’t think we’re done, but we’re almost done with this process.
- You still need to move those files to your phone gallery before you can see it on your phone’s gallery.
The .Statuses folder is an hidden folder that won’t shows any type of files you stores there, so it is better to move the files away from the folder to be able to see it on your phone’s gallery.
So now, let’s talk about how you can move those files to your phone’s gallery.
How To Move The WhatsApp Statuses To Your Phone’s Gallery
- Select the files in the .Statuses folder and click on Copy/Cut.
- Now, move it away from the hidden folder and move it to the Video, Photos or Gif folder on your SD card.
- After you carefully followed the above procedure, you will see the files on your phone’s gallery and you can view those view without WhatsApp.
You can also view the files after you deleted WhatsApp.
I hope you enjoy this article, kindly used the share button below to share this article please. You can also leave a comment, we cherish it a lot.